Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll find answers to the most frequent questions visitors ask about our services here. If your question is not answered on this page, please contact us.
HOW DO I BOOK A RIDE?
Reservationists are available weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (excluding holidays) to book, schedule and confirm your travel plans and “Ready Times”. Our reservationists will work with you and make every effort to serve your needs.
Please remember that we take requests during these hours, prior to 3:00 PM, two business days before your appointment.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL TO BOOK A RIDE?
Reservations are accepted months ahead or by 3:00 PM two business days before your appointment. We do not provide same-day emergency service. Remember that we need your address and destination addresses, appointment time, and phone numbers. Please have that information ready before calling us.
WHAT ARE YOUR DAYS AND HOURS OF SERVICE?
Paratransit trips are available five days a week, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), from 8 AM through 4 PM. You will be picked up within one hour after the Ready Time negotiated. You must board the bus within five minutes of arrival at your pick-up location. If you aren’t ready, the driver must leave without you and your trip status will be recorded as a “no show.”
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We require exact change each time you board. Fares within our service area are listed below:
- If you are between the ages of 60 and 64 years old you pay $1.00 per one-way trip and $2.00 per one way trip for out-of-county destinations.
- If you are over the age of 65 you pay $1.00 per one way trip and $2.00 per one-way trip for out-of-county destinations.
- If you are eligible for medical assistance and going only to a covered medical service, you do not pay.
- If you are a person with a disability and between the ages of 18 and 64, the following mileage-based fare schedule applies to trips within the county and out of the county.
Persons with Disabilities One-Way Trip Rates, Ages 18-64:
- 0.0-3.9 miles: $3.00 per trip
- 4.0-10.9 miles: $3.75 per trip
- 11.0-24.9 miles: $6.00 per trip
- 25.0-49.9 miles: $8.25 per trip
- Over 50 miles: $12.00 per trip
WHAT IS THE SERVICE AREA?
All areas within Wayne County and certain out-of-county destinations in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Susquehanna, and Pike Counties.
HOW DO I CANCEL A RIDE?
The Cancel Line is open 24 hours. We must be notified BEFORE the driver departs to pick you up. The minimum notice required is two hours; anything less may be cause for denial of future service.
Cancel Line: (570) 253-4280
WHAT IF MY BUS IS LATE?
Call us at (570) 253-4280. A dispatcher will update you on the status of your ride.
To place a ride request, you must provide:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- The destination address and telephone number
- Your preferred pick-up time (Ready Time)